Saturday, December 26, 2009

Daxton Bryce Sherwood

What a totally crazy couple of days! I can't even express how glad i am to be home with my new little love. He is precious and i hope that you call can meet him soon. I apologize for taking so long to post, but we were in the hospital a little longer than anticipated with some fevers and finally got to come home yesterday for Christmas! It was one to remember for sure. We are home, happy, and trying to make adjustments to this new life, which was already proven to be challenging! Here are some pictures for your enjoyment of his room, my last days of being pregnant, and our little buddy!


39 Weeks

Daxton's Room. Landon worked so hard on everything in his room. We are still waiting on a rocking chair and some other things, but this is about it and i LOVE IT!




Welcome to the world Daxton! Born December 23, 2009 @ 7:16 PM, 7 lbs. 1 ounce, 20 inches long. Dark hair??? We don't know where he got that, big beautiful eyes, full lips, long chicken legs and NO butt! We love him!

The American Fork Hospital was amazing! Everybody was so wonderful and kind. I didn't get to hold Daxton after he was born for a couple of hours (i had a fever of 103 and had to be on oxygen for a while and he had a fever too) and they brough him back to my room in this stocking that some volunteers made. It was SO cute.
I love my men. Landon has been more amazing that i could ever imagine and seeing him with our baby just melts me.

Daxton meeting his cousins Ella and Maddie for the first time! Ella didn't quite know what to do, but Maddie is already loving the older cousin role and just kept whispering over and over in his ear, "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay." It was pretty sweet. He loved his soft velvety hair and also kept rubbing her cheek on it. She is pretty excited to have him after the long wait.

Well, we feel more blessed than ever this year. It has been a year of miracles for our family. Merry Christmas everybody and hope it was just as wonderful!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dana. I can't begin to explain how happy I am for you and Landon. This is such a miracle to begin with and bringing home a new baby boy is just the best Christmas present ever. I can't wait to meet the little bundle and take pictures of him and just love and snuggle him. See you soon!

Jason and Kelsey said...

oh hooray! dana, he is beautiful! what a sweet little man. SO excited for you guys...you're gonna love this. you are going to be such amazing parents, and he is sure lucky to have you both. can't wait to see more pictures, and watch him grow! congratulations!

Megan said...

We are so excited for you and Landon!! What a great Christmas present!

Jacquie said...

Congratulations! You'll never get a better Christmas present that that! He is so cute! I can't wait to meet him!

Bree said...

Dana he is perfect, I love his name. I can't tell you how happy I am for you, you will be a darling mom. Your fam was in major need of a boy:) now just send one our way. I hope you post your labor story I want to here how it all went, hopefully good and easy!

carrie said...

Congrats! He is precious and you look so beautiful Dana! Motherhood suits you already:) Enjoy every minute. Those middle of the night times spent with my babies are some of my sweetest memories:) Let us know if you need anything. I know your mom is in town, but we would love to bring you dinner some night.

Emily G said...

Love Love Love Love Love him! I can't wait to meet him tomorrow! Here come Auntie Em!:) Love you

Hilary said...

Oh Landon and Dana, your post was so sweet, it made me tear up a little. We are so happy for you and your new little family. Merry Christmas!! Love you!

Sabs said...

congrats dana!!! how sweet a christmas baby! love the pic in the stocking.

(me)linda said...

I totally shed tears reading this! I've been thinking about you every day. He is so dang cute!!! Good job guys!

Brandi said...

CONGRATULATIONS, he is a doll! And coming home just in time for Christmas, YAY! You guys are such a beautiful new little family of 3!!!

Tiffany said...

COngratulations you guys!! He is a little doll. Bobs and I are at my house looking at blogs and came across yours and are so happy for you two!! Hope all is going well.

blkris said...

Hooray! Congrats you guys! He is adorable! So glad everyone is doing well. Merry Christmas!

Adam Jensen said...

Hey Dana-

Congratulations again to you guys. How awesome. Sorry to hear about the fevers for you and your little man. Those are scary times for the expectant mom and dad (and for the doctor). Glad you guys are doing well! We are excited to meet your little guy.
I expect to see you updating your blog a lot more often than you have in the past!!
Love, Adam

Jensen's said...

I have been enjoying the little man in the flesh, but it is so sweet to look at these pictures of you all as a new little family. I'm so proud of you Dana, you are such a sweet mom and so patient with the whole process. It makes my heart swell!!
I love you all... now I'm going downstairs to kiss that baby!!

ellsworth family said...

A HUGE congrats! I am so happy for you! Such a great way to celebrate Christmas. Hopefully I get to meet him soon! Hope you are feeling well. Love you!!!

Adam Jensen said...

Congratulations you guys! we can't wait to meet him :) I had a fever with Kyler when I had him too. It's so hard to not hold your baby right away. I haven't gotten to do that with either :( That is SO sweet that they brought him in a stocking... so sweet!!! Glad you guys are home and doing so well. So happy for you guys! and glad you two contributing to the testosterone in your family ;)

Kari said...

He is so darling, Congrats!