Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For so long, as other couples would bless their babies in church, I would cry at the sweetness of the father's blessing and how the mom would cuddle the baby afterwards, all the while wishing it was Landon and I having the experience. We finally did, and it was really SO great. I can't wait until I will be able to tell Daxton some day how loved he is by so many people. We had all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends there to enjoy the special day with us. Thanks to them all for coming and for all the help with food and Daxton! I love the kid, but sometimes it is nice to have him off my hands! I didn't take as many pics as I would have liked, but I caught some pretty cute moments from the weekend. My sister Noelle also took some pictures of Daxton in his little blessing diddy. Thanks Nelli. I will post some of those later when she gets the finals to me. They are precious.
Little Taylor and Daxton... soon to be best buds. They are both such sweet little boys. They look similar don't they? Such cuties.

All the Sherwood cousins posing for pictures: Brock, Claudia, Estelle, Taylor, and Daxton.

Happy 3rd birthday Maddie! We love you so much! Lauren planned such a cute Mickey Mouse themed birthday party for her. They are getting ready to take Maddie to Disneyland for the first time.... after all the Mikey Mouse hype she will be in heaven.

I LOVE this picture of my little guy... just relaxing! This was the day he got his shots and was just so relaxed and mellow all day. Although, about 2 seconds after this picture was taken he spewed across the room. Stinkin shots.


This is one of the only family pictures I have since Daxton was born... and my eyes look all droopy or something. Oh well. Daxton was SO handsome in his little blessing outfit.... however, it was silk and he was as slippery as snot in it. I just love my little family. Landon is the best dad. He is so good to be involved when he come home from a long day at work. We appreciate and love him so much.

Thanks again to all the family an friends who were there with us and helped out so much. We love you!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I LOVE his picture in his boppy... although I could do without the nasty one of me and Maddie. :) What funny faces!

It was a great weekend. I am so happy you were able to have the experience too. Not much more special than a Daddy blessing his baby.

Breeana said...

"Slippery as snot" haha!!

And it's a great family picture of you three! You look super skinny and NOT like you just had a baby. ;)

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! I love all the pics. I will get those pics to you soon! Sorry I am kinda swamped this week!!! I can't wait to see him again in two weeks. You did such a great job putting the whole weekend together. The food was fantastic and I got to cuddle with Daxton lots and lots!

Jensen's said...

It sure was a great weekend to add to the 'ole memory book. Every thing turned out so great. having so many to share the fun with makes it even better. We sure love all of you and are so proud of the way you two have taken to parenting like a couple of fish! Kisses all around... MUAH!!

ellsworth family said...

Baby Blessings are so wonderful! He sure is growing.

Emily G said...

Man he is so darn handsome! I am so glad we were all able to come down and be with your family for their special day! :) His boppy picutre is my absolute favorite! He's my favorite nephew in the whole wide world! lol love you guys!

Ashley and Dave said...

So sad we missed it :( Dax looks so stinkin cute in his tux and he also looks a lot like his little cousin...holy moly. Cant wait to see you next weekend! Hurray!!!