Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ricks College Sweatshirt Kind Of Week

My Ricks College sweatshirt is the first article of clothing I have that What Not To Wear would throw away... and i would cry, real tears. It is too big, like 10 years old, and doesn't have a hood... super stylish. Landon rolls his eyes every time i put it on. It's the thing i wear when i give up, when i don't feel so good, when it really cold and i can't seem to get warm, or just when i want to get Landon's goose. I LOVE it though. I will never, ever get rid of it. Hey, at least i don't wear it into public. Well, that's not the point. This week, was a Rick's College sweatshirt week.

Saturday night i got the body aches worse than i have ever had them and woke up in the middle of the night with teeth chattering chills followed by extreme heat. Sunday (my first Monther's day, and it was wonderful... besides all of this) was worse. Daxton was starting to show signs of illness also. Let me just say this, he is not usually an every diaper pooper kinda kid, but he all of a sudden was.... BIG time. Get what i am saying? When your sliding in to first.... blah blah blah. You get it now i'm sure. ANYWAY, we were both not doing so hot. Monday Landon went out of town which i was less than thrilled about in our tender state, but he had to work so off he goes for a couple of days. While he was gone Daxton and I got much worse. I don't think i got off the couch or out of bed unless i had to. Landon got home late on Tuesday and even took Wednesday off to tend us. Love you honey. :) Thursday comes and we are not getting ANY better so i went to the doctor. He couldn't believe how badly our community was infected by this horrible flu! There was somebody sick in every home on my street. Weird huh???

Well, finally on Thursday night we get a crack in the case. WATER CONTAMINATION. You becha. Awesome. Saratoga Springs releases a statement saying that my neighborhood has a bacteria in the water causing stomach and intestinal illness. Wonderful. My little 5 month old contaminitated. I had been feeding him extra bottles even so he wouldn't get dehydrated. I had been seriously chugging water so i could keep nursing and get rid of the "bug." Nice huh?

UPDATE: Our whole community is on boil alert. We have to boil the water that we use. We can't wash dishes and we can't cook. Thank heavens we can shower and that there is a Del Taco down the street. They have been chlorinating the water so now we all smell like swimming pools. Good thing we have massive amounts of bottled water in our food storage. Daxton had his first non-messy diaper this morning after 6 days. Poor kid. I won't tell you about me because it is weird, but i am doing much better, thank you.

So the moral of the story: Always be prepared for a poopy day. Literally. And keep your old, favorite sweatshirt no matter what anybody says because it really does make you feel better and there is nothing better than just letting yourself go sometimes.

6 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

That is crazy!! thanks goodness for your water in food storage :) You should have posted a picture of the beloved sweatshirt! better yet a pic of you in it! ;) glad they mystery is solved.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow... that really STINKS! Literally in more than one way. I can't believe that. I wonder how they finally solved the puzzle. It just make you sick to think of what you were drinking! I am so glad you are feeling better though. Poor little Daxy-poo. That's his new nick name.

Unknown said...

ahh!!! not fun!! I heard that on the news the other day (about water, saratoga springs) and thought of you guys...hoping you weren't affected. So much for that! Glad you're feeling better. Thank goodness for food storage!!

ellsworth family said...

How awful! Poor little baby and mama.
Glad they figured out what it was. Hope you both recover quickly!
Love old sweaters!

Amber said...

WOW- how awful! I Hope that you are feeling better too. What a bummer and so frustrating on the city. Glad that you guys were prepared with your food storage :)
Take care of you!

Bobbi said...

Dana I totally thought about you and landon when I heard about that on the news. Im sorry you and little man did not feel good, glad you are feeling better!