Wednesday, February 9, 2011

At last..... HAWAII

I'll keep my words short since I posted SOOOOOOO many pictures. I just didn't want to seperate all my posts.... anywho, we went to Hawaii for our Christmas present from my parents and it was such a blast! Thanks mom and dad!

Daxton's first plane ride! he was SUCH a rockstar the whole trip (even though we later found out that he had a ear infection, a super bad cold, a sky high fever, and getting molars all at the same time). He slept happily on my lap (which if you know us... this is a true miracle).



Famous Waikiki Beach! We snorkeled and just hung out in the beautiful 80 degree weather. Daxton wasn't a huge fan of the sand and water at first. Oh well.


We visited Laie and Daxton made fast friends with ol' Ronald. In fact when I picked him up he cried some serious tears of devastation.


Laie Temple. SO beautiful.



Polynesian Cultural Center. What a cool place. We saw a great water/boat parade, ate some yummy ice crea, enjoyed a delicious BBQ, and watched their famous luau which is SUPER impressive.






This is how Daxton looked most of the trip.... extremely sleep deprived.... sick.... tired.... etc. Just a bink and his blankie is all he needed and he was off to dreamland. You will be able to tell in all the pics that the stroller was truly my best friend on this trip.



Pali Lookout. Such a cool place. This is me and my gorgeous siblings. (OH, and see the long hair on my brother? Well, he let me cut it all off!!!)



Kailua Beach... one of the prettiest beaches I have even been to. Daxton enjoyed the water and sand much more this day. He is still obsessed with his shovel and bucket.






Sweet Emrie's 3rd Birthday! How would that be... celebrate your bday at the beach in Hawaii???




Everybody decided to snorkel/swim to that flat island in the distance. I have done it before so just decided to work on my sunburn, which was quite impressive I must say :) Landon decided to use Daxton's yellow floaty for security... so funny.


Sandy diapers..... heck YES. He had an extremely exfoliated bottom by the time we were homebound. Did I stop him? No. I figure there are much worse things.



Yes, I took this picture, it is not a postcard. It's it gorgeous of the Waikiki Beach sunset? It was this pretty every night. I think I want to go back... like right now.



The Pearl Harbor Memorial is such a neat and humbling place. They built a brand new facility since I had been last and it was incredible. I learned all sorts of neat things, none of which I will share right now because they are long stories so I will just leave it at that. :)





Hanauma Bay is seriously cool. It is this crater that is now filled with the best snorkeling I have ever seen. We didn't get to do this last time we were in HI, so it was a real treat. I even convinced Daxton to get in the water here... quite an accomplishment.





Cute sandy bum!



Our next stop was the Dole Pineapple Plantation. It is pretty neat to see how they grow and the history of how they got to Hawaii. I think the kids loved this place... and the adults with EVERYTHING pineapple flavored... delish. I am still going through fresh pineapple withdrawls, it's just not the same buying it at Walmart down the street.




Riding the Pineapple Express.



We the went to the North Shore which is so beautiful. Lots of surfers and even a few beached and sunbathing seaturtles.



We also went to Wiamea Falls which was so pretty. They used to have divers, but with it being a sacred place to the Hawaiians they decided to do away with that and do more cultural things like hula dancing. And no... I am NOT that big (with child) yet, the wind was blowing OK?




Since we have been home we have been homebound with sickness and Hawaiihomesickness for sure. Thanks mom and dad for such a wonderful time!


6 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

love the pictures! My favorites were Landon using Daxton's floaty by far :) that guy is just awesome.

Bree said...

Ha Ha love the floaty too! What fun I am so jealous I saw all your sisters pictures and about cried I was so jealous! Okay you know me you said you are not that big "yet". Are you prego and your just not big or your not prego? I will die of excitemant for you if you are prego! I might die of excitement for you if you not to cuae pregnancy is miserable!

Adam Jensen said...

Love it! so happy for you guys and your amazing trip :)

Ryan said...

So fun! Just went to a lot of those places with my sis. before Brooklyn was born. Ahhh fun times. You look great as always!

Lauren said...

Glad to see someone else blog about the trip and see your pics! Daxton really was a super hero.

Amber said...

How fun! Poor Daxton, glad he did so well for you though :)
I started watching Grey's Anatomy on netflix and I thought of you :) I'm hooked and I'm only on Season 2!