Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just a little update

Daxton is 14 months old TODAY! Time flies with this little guy around.... lets just say he keeps me busy. It is so bittersweet to watch him grow up so fast. On one hand it is so fun to see him learn so many new things at the speed of light, but on the other hand I would just love to scoop up my little baby again and to have him lay sweetly and quietly in my arms. Ha, those days are long over with Daxton! In fact, just look at the picture below. This is what he looks like most of the time these days. He is like that dang If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book. If i get out the camera he cries because he want it, then he wants to use it like a phone, then he is looking for a real phone, then he cries because he wants a snack or a new toy.... its never ending people. I know, all you moms out there are saying in your head, "welcome to motherhood." Thanks. :)



This rocking horse is seriously his favorite. He loves to get on and say weeeeeeee. It's so cute. He has also become quiet the little climber these days. He is up and down everything and can wriggle up just about anything, it's actually pretty amazing to watch his little brain problem solve and figure out how to do things.... mostly naughty things! It won't be long until I am at the Emergency Room with a little boy that needs a cast and some stitches.

His other favorite is his Buzz car. Seriously, hours of the day are spent wheeling this thing around. He is really into hiding things in the seat or taking his animals for a ride. He even tries to get in (or stand in it) which doesn't really work and has lead to lots of near concussions.
He loves to dump out all of his toys and play with every single one, or just throw it. He is such a boy! Everything has a sound effect or name. I seriously cannot believe how fast he is learning new things right now. Just the other day I asked him out of the blue what a elephant says and he lifted him arm like the trunk and blew. Did I even teach him that?... must have! He knows what a duck, cow, puppy, and kitty say too. I just didn't even know to ask him! He is starting to say words like fish, night-night, Nana, Maddie (didi), and other little things that I can't understand but that he repeats NON stop. He loves to talk on the phone and just gibber gabbers a million words a minute and he's not quiet about it either! It's especially cute when he says "ya" and nods like he is realy talking to someone. We love our little Dax man like crazy.

Valentines day just isn't the same with kiddies is it? That's ok... it is so much more fun to share the love right? We had heart shaped pizza and heart shaped chocolate chip cookies to be festive and Landon gave me some pretty tulips. He's the best. I just feel so lucky to have both these boys that love me.




PREGNANCY UPDATE: Oh yeah, I am pregnant.... again! 17 weeks to be exact and due August 5. I feel so lucky to be pregnant again and so nervous about having two babies. I am the worst at taking belly pics... mostly because I REALLY don't like them and at this stage I look more like I have a bowl full of jelly than a baby belly and that is so not flattering. Maybe next week when I hopefully get to find out what I am having... fingers crossed! Dr. Ollerton... you better not let me down!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Holy CRAP!!!! You're pregnant????? That's is AWESOME!!!! Yeah!! Congratulations!! We are so super excited for you guys!! Seriously, I'm so happy :) I can't imagine how happy you guys are!! YEAH!!!

Sarah said...

Wow! We are so excited for you guys!
How wonderful.
Take Care!

Ashley and Dave said...

boy

Tatem Marchant said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Don't worry about two kids. I was super nervous to have Beckham but, things just work out.

Adam Jensen said...

Can't wait to hear boy or girl :) Couldn't be happier for you guys. no worries, you can totally handle two! Dax is such a cutie

blkris said...

Hooray. Congrats! You will do great with two kids. It's three that is tricky. Still trying to figure out that one! :)

Unknown said...

I'm still giggling about the little Doodle being so wild and naughty! I don't believe it for a minute Ha ha!!
I'm so excited to know who is growing in that tummy of yours, can't wait!
Kiss that little booger for me... muah!

Jensen's said...

Oops! It's mom not Cole... didn't know he was signed in.

Michele Hillman Rowell said...

Hi Dana! Daxton is so dang cute and you look great!! And congrats on being pregnant!! :)

Amber said...

I hope my previous post wasn't too over the top... we are just sincerely happy for you guys :)