Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloweenie

Ready for another Halloween post gushing about how darling the kids were in their costumes?OK!!!

I didn't know if Daxton would catch on to the whole Halloween thing this year, but he did..... QUICKLY, especially when all he had to do was hold out his bucket and people would give him candy! But boy howdy, we have a lot of candy now... especially suckers, Daxtons candy of choice. He was quite the little tiger. We have been practicing his growl for months now, but do you think he growled for one single person? NO. He clams up around people. :)

Our street had a little party and it included hayrides for all the little kiddies. Ella and Maddie were able to come and they had a blast!




Ready to trick or treat for the first time!!!!







We also had a ward trunk or treat. Daxton is a tiger, Bodie is a monkey, I am a zebra, and Landon was the zoo keeper. I figure I probably only have a few good years where I can dress my family up in "themes" before the boys start begging to be superheros, so I am going to make the most of it!




Cutest little monkey I have ever seen!!!







In their Halloweenie jammies. Cute, cute boys.







What do you do with all your kids' candy??? Let them eat it.... you eat it.... hide it.... throw it away?????


8 comments:

Tiffany said...

So cute Dana!! Chace was also that little monkey...I saw that costume and couldn't resist. It was so stinkin cute! I ended up giving in and let my kids pick what they wanted to be...it killed me not to do a theme:) Actually I just pulled up the oldnavy website online and let them choose from there, it was so nice and simple. Your boys are like twinners! Those pics look just like Dax when he was little....do you see it? Some people always say my boys look alike, but I dont see it at all, but I totally see it in yours. WOw....novel of a post....but cute little fam! And I do the Great Pumpkin idea for the whole candy thing. I tell my kids that they can choose to put their candy out on the front porch and the Great Pumpkin will come and get it and in return leave a little something for them....it works out great and I just get a Dollar store item. They get thrilled about it though, and then I dont have to deal with them begging for their candy... I wish their really was a GREAT PUMPKIN who took the candy though, because then I END UP EATING IT ALL!!

Jensen's said...

You guys are super celebrate-ers! everything sure looks fun. I wish they would have had trunk or treats when you guys were little. Love the zoo idea... your little animals are yummy!

Anonymous said...

Seriously!!! Can your kids be any cuter?! I love the tiger and monkey. I can't wait to love and squeeze them til they pop!

Jacquie said...

Your boys are so cute! Love the costumes! I love that you and Landon dress up too. I can never talk Chad into dressing up. About the candy, I never know what to do with all of it. I just found a cute idea though that I think I'm going to use this year. After a couple of weeks you bag up all the leftover candy and leave it on the porch for the "Switch Witch" She comes and trades all your left over candy for something else. It could be a toy, I think I'm doing books. Then you can make up some story about how the switch witch uses it.

Lindsey said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Cute pics! We did the same costumes!! Dyl was a monkey, I was a tiger and Brian was the zoo keeper!! How funny! Miss you! I must meet this charming little man soon!! Love ya

Adam Jensen said...

cute costumes :) I recently learned about the Halloween fairy! well maybe your kids are a little small? but for future reference you keep 3 pieces if your are 3 or 5 if you are 5 etc. then you put the rest under your pillow and the Halloween fairy takes your candy and leaves you a toy :) I throw away plenty of candy at Halloween and don't feel a bit bad. but don't get me wrong I keep the good ones :)

The Darnells said...

Your little animals are sooo cute!=)

Amber said...

Cute as ever!