Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day!

I am bit late on this, but it is better late than never... right? We had an awesome weekend with my parents in Twin Falls. I think i forget how much i love Twin and loved growing up there. Here are some fun things we did.


We went canoeing and kayaking on the Snake River in the canyon. It was SUCH a pretty day and there were tons of base jumpers. I have watched them before but not from this angle so it was a pretty neat sight. I was mostly just hoping that they wouldn't land on me.


Mom, you are such a ROCKSTAR!

Thanks dad for all the fun!

Then of course we played a grueling game of Chinese Checkers... which i usually win, but my dang mom beat me by ONE move!

We did some other great stuff, but i didn't take any picutres. We saw Indiana Jones, shopped, ate... you know the normal stuff. We had a great time so thanks mom and dad for everything! We love you!

These pics are at Thanksgiving Point the week before. We didn't really have any plans on this Saturday so we decided to get out and smell the tulips! They were unreal. It was the annual Tulip Festival and they really were SO beautiful and literally came to my hip (i know that is not saying much). They sell the bulbs there and i can't wait to go back nex year and plant some in my gardens!

Speaking of having my own garden.... here it the hole where the house is going to go! I know it is hard to see, but Landon couldn't wait another mnture to get out there and it was getting dark fast! We are going to keep a weekly journal on the progress of the house. We are going out again tonight and will post that one too. We are SO excited!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like you had so much fun at home. Wish I could have been there to see you but I will see you soon enough I guess. And Thanksgiving point looks beautiful...gotta love all the flowers. :) And I am very excited for you and your new house, thats going to be great :) see you soon. Love you xo
Emily

Jensen's said...

Awesome!! They really did dig a hole while you were home visiting.Yahoo!!
We enjoyed having you here so much...just nothing like family.
I love you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You guys have been busy havin fun! Your camera takes great pic by the way... or was there really that much green in the canyon this year? That is weird. I have never been to Thanksgiving Point and I need to go! It looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see updates on the house too. I am just so excited!

Jacquie said...

Those flowers are gorgeous, I absolutely love tulips, we've been redoing the landscaping in our yard and thats the only thing I wanted to keep! I can't believe how nice your weather was for Memorial Day weekend, Sunday was good here but it was pretty rainy otherwise! :( I can't wait to see how your house comes along!

Gini said...

Those ARE some beautiful tulips. I would have loved to have seen them. Looks like you had a good visit with good ol' Uncle Randy and Aunt Marcia. You guys are a fun bunch.