Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Warriors!

This is just a mumble jumble of everything that we have been doing for the past 2 weeks. I don't really know where to start so i guess i will just..... ummmmm start.


Week #3:


Week #4:


The house is coming right along! We are thinking that the whole house should be framed by friday... WAHHOOOO!!! It is starting to all feel real and so exciting!


This park is GORGEOUS! The russian olive trees smelled like candy (yummmmm) and it was the prettiest day ever. I couldn't get enough of it. They need to make a candle that smells like those trees or something... anyone else agree? I called Lauren and i seriously thought that she was going to start crying because she misses the seasons and spring here in Utah so much... do you blame her... BEAUTIFUL!



Last weekend Landon and I went to the Utah County Parade of Homes. There are no words. I am used the Twin Falls one where it is free and the houses are semi-normal. These houses were totally outrageous.... i couldn't believe it! This is just one picture to explain the outgrageousness.


Yeah... that right...an indoor tumbling gym. Every house now has an indoor gym, basketball court, craft room, and theatre room... but a tumbling room... amazing! And how about getting your hair done here? Sign me up! Pictures really don't do any justice to how beautiful and amazing these houses were.

This house was my favorite. It was SO beautiful and not insane like the others. It was more liveable and real. I wished you could all see the inside. This is just the outside, but it really was gorgeous. Anyway, we had a blast and got some good ideas for our house! Horray for other peoples ideas!

This last week i had Youth Conference and it was SO GREAT! The youth in our ward are especially amazing. They are all so incredibly srong and i relly don't remember being that strong and having so much gospel knowledge when i was their age. They are so SPECIAL and i love them to death! It really is a treat to associate with them all the time. We camped up in the American Fork canyon.... BEAUTIFUL, i can't even believe it is 25 minutes from my house. I had a blast... mostly because i get to act like i am 12 again and it is allowed! Here are just some random pics of some things that we did.

And last, but certainly not least... we went to LAGOON yesterday! It was Landon's summer work party and we totally couldn't pass that up! But think about the worst thing that could happen at Lagoon.....

Yup, that's right... the power went out. Yeaha, i know..... how does that happen? I have no earthly idea!!!!! We at least got to go on my favorites.. blast off and the colossus! YEEEEHWWWW! Landon won't ride the white rollarcoaster with me... wussy. He think that it is going to fall apart. It's totally the best ride there. They ended up giving us a voucher that we can use before June 30th... looks like we are going back! Love that place.

We'll yall... that's all i got. Just have to say Happy Father's Day to my dad and Landon's dad. They deserve the best day ever and we love and appreciate them SO much. We couldn't ask for better father's and examples in our lives. WE LOVE YOU!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How freakin fun is your life? I want to be there! You think that your life is boring? Lagoon!? You'll have to let me know how the new rides are. Your house looks so good! It really is coming along fast. Where is that park? They don't have Russian Olive trees out here. :( But they do have fire flies which i saw for the first time tonight! So cool!

Brandi said...

I love reading your posts Dana...you crack me up! Still the same after all these years, silly girl! :) Congratulations on your house, I'm jealous. Those parade of homes houses were crazy, I want a tumbling gym!

Adam Jensen said...

I am in young womens too and I love feeling like I am 14 again ;) Your house is coming along nicely!!!

Lauren said...

WOWZA you guys have been busy! i really did almost cry when you were telling me about that park by the river. I miss spring!!! The house is looking good, I can't believe it will be to the point of the other house we walked through soon!

Landon, you really gotta give the white roller coaster a chance. That's my favorite ride in the world. I don't even know how many times we have ridden that!

(P.S. Did you see Melinda had her sweet baby?)

Kari said...

Your house is going up so fast, how exciting!! That park is beautiful, where is it at?

Jensen's said...

Alright Landon...you are wussy if you won't go on my favorite rollercoaster. One time I went on it 7 times in a row. I was a little wobbly after that.
The house looks great guys! I can't believe that I haven't seen it in person yet. Walls and everthing.. how fun is that! I'm glad that you enjoy each other so much. You guys are great. Get here quick...I can't wait!
Momma J

Ashley and Dave said...

So, I forget that your house has a basement- are you finishing it? If so, can we live down there...haha. I LOVE going to the Parade of Homes! I went in Boise once and it was outrageous!! My favorite memory was a tube slide that took us from the toy room on the third floor of the house to the basement! My mom was set on putting a slide in our house after that (it is only cool in really expensive homes mom). I wish a I would get a calling in Young Womens but give me 4 months and I am sure I will be in Nursery. Oh, the joy.

Emily said...

Wow that was an intense and very satisfying post! Thanks for the update! The house looks great and it looks like you kids are just living the life up there in Utah! Youth Conference looked fun...it makes me miss being a youth...so much fun...and I was glad to get the good news in the email...I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck! I love you ...xo

Gini said...

Wow! Your house is coming right along. It looks great, and the location looks so nice too. I can't wait to see the finished product. That's so fun you get to work with the youth in your ward! Andy and I teach sunday school to the 14-18 year olds in our ward, and we love that too. I agree about the youth being a lot stronger and having more gospel knowledge overall. It's pretty stinkin' amazing.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Hey Landon,

Guess who I am here in Chicago with? Steve Nye! We are roomates for an eBay conference. Small world huhQ

--Your Cousin Sean

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! Your house is coming along so fast! How excitin!! I too went to the parade of homes and saw all the homes. INSANE how huge some of the homes were. Beautiful though!!! We need to get together!